The Second Meeting of the NACJJ resulted in six key takeaways:
- The need and desire for a regional Council on juvenile justice was reaffirmed.
- The goal of adding more members to the NACJJ was identified.
- The Working Papers on restorative justice and making deprivation of liberty a measure of last resort were reviewed, discussed and proposed as a basis for a specialized working group within the NACJJ.
- Separate papers on solitary confinement and the connection between neuroscience and international standards were proposed.
- Support for the United Nations Global Study on Children Deprived of Liberty was expressed.
- A commitment to continue meeting as a Council was made.
A more detailed overview of the Second Meeting is provided in the following document: Conclusions from the Second Meeting